SJMQT Artist in Residence Program
Maker Space Artist in Residence Program 2020
The San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles offers an exciting Artist in Residence program for artists who show a strong emphasis in textiles. Artists will have the opportunity to engage with museum visitors while gaining exposure to new audiences. The Maker Space Studio is a semi-private artist in residence work space and incubator for creativity and dialogue between the artist(s) and the community.
Duration of Residency: 3 months
Application deadline: Ongoing
Available spots: 4 per year
Who may apply:
• Emerging and established artists that incorporate fiber/textiles in their current
• Artists with a BFA, MFA or who show extensive experience in their field of
• Artists who are comfortable engaging and working with the public
• Artists who are self-guided
• Artists who incorporate performance, community engagement or social
practice are encouraged to apply.